Every Tuesday, we will publish a piece of advice, for all of those who had recently engaged. Reading our tips you will surely manage to organize your wedding!
Just follow Beautifulday Tuesday Say!
RSVP is a shortcut of a French expression that means Please reply. According to savoir-vivre it should present a specific question that you can answer “yes” or “no”. The response should be given immediately, preferable on the same day or the day specified on the invitation. It is usually sent to the wedding guests just after booking a venue, so that everyone can save the date in advance. In our opinion it is also a good chance to ask you guests a few additional questions. That is why you ahould CUSTOMIZE your RSVP card!
How should I prepare my RSVP card?
- Number your RSVP cards – even if the response will be unreadable you will know who sent it!
- Do not suggest number of guests invited – let your relatives fulfil a gap with a number of people attending ceremony with them! They will feel much more comfortable seeing they may came and introduce you a new boyfriend, or maybe there is a new child in a family?
- Ask for a song request – do a favour to your DJ, ale give him a list of a desirable songs in advance! Thanks to it he will know the music tastes of guests and will prepare well to party.
- Point a possibility to declare meal choice – the sooner you will now about your guests allergies the better.
- Use the opportunity to ask guests if they will stay at the indicated hotel.
- Purchase personalized stamp with return address – it will save you from writing out your info over and over again.
- Make sure that your RSVP card refers to a wedding reception style! Do not delude your guests it will be a garden party if you already booked a palace.